Project Application Engineer
Project Application Engineer
Do you have a passion for renewable energy, project engineering and people? Are you result driven, communicative and ready to work on projects around the globe? Let’s meet!
Marlinks is an international company offering state-of-the-art fiber optic monitoring solutions for submarine power cables with the aim to reduce failure rates and O&M costs of transmission systems. By continuously crunching cable measurements we provide our customers with actionable insights to make informed decisions.
Marlinks’ mission is to maximize performance, secure energy transmission, reduce O&M costs and risks and lower the carbon footprint in the renewable energy sector.
- Be the first and main point of contact for existing and new clients, taking care of the day-to-day management projects with a focus on interface management;
- Be responsible for the overall project schedule and documentation, including installation works (onshore and offshore), including:
- Purchasing the selected hardware and interacting on a frequent basis with the different suppliers;
- Performing Quality Control Assessments (Attending Factory/Site Acceptance Tests);
- Assembling and testing new supplier integrations of components and software releases;
- Installing and commissioning hardware, both in Belgium and abroad.
- Execution of installation and commissioning works both in Belgium and abroad;
- Closely work together with the software development team and share relevant customer needs;
- On a frequent basis communicate with the Marlinks sales team to share client feedback and provide technical input where needed.
- Have obtained a M.Sc. in Industrial Sciences, Electronics and ICT, Informatics, or are similar by experience.
- Have, by preference, a first experience in electrical installations.
- Are proactive, hands on and are a true problem solver.
- Have great organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
- Have a pragmatic and ambitious mindset.
- Have experience with Python and/or relational databases (not a must, but a plus).
- Have affinity with cleantech energy related topics, preferably offshore wind.
- Are available to travel and are not afraid to work at height.
- Are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language is a plus.
- Have a driver’s license.
Marlinks offers you:
- A fully equipped desk at our Ghent (BE) office with the option to work at home from time to time.
- On the job training by the Lead Project Engineer and team including GWO training by a certified training center.
- An attractive remuneration package.
- The chance to be part of a young and growing company.
- Flexible working hours.
- A fun, inclusive and dynamic company culture where every employee has a seat around the table.
Questions or ready to apply?
Do you recognize yourself in this job and profile description, send your (1) CV and (2) motivation letter to email@example.com. After a first screening of applicants, we will invite you for a face-to-face conversation at our office in Ghent.
Please be aware Marlinks won’t consider incomplete applications and cannot assist in any visa application.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Please leave your details and we will contact you soon.